ICN Gateway - Western Distributor
The Victorian Government is partnering with Transurban to build the $5.5 billion Western Distributor Project, which includes the Monash Freeway Upgrade and upgrades to Webb Dock.
The Western Distributor will provide a vital second river crossing, immediate time savings of up to 20 minutes a day and improve access to the Port of Melbourne.
It will also create 5,600 jobs and deliver an $11 billion boost to Victoria's economy.
Key features include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from 8 to 12 lanes between the M80 and Williamstown Road
- A tunnel under Yarraville and a second river crossing
- An elevated road along Footscray Road with direct links to the Port of Melbourne, CityLink and the western edge of the CBD
- The longest managed motorway network in Australia running from Geelong to Pakenham
- New cycling and pedestrian paths including completion of the Federation Trail
The Victorian Government is committed to maximising the job and economic benefits generated by the project for local businesses.
By registering an expression of interest with ICN, businesses from Melbourne and Victoria have the opportunity to participate in this major project.
- Three shortlisted consortia have been invited to tender for the project with tenders closing in late 2016.
- Subject to the project approval process, the contractor will be appointed in late 2017.
- Construction is expected to start in late 2017 and the project complete and open to traffic in 2022.
ICN GATEWAY COMPANY REGISTRATION
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- An ICN Gateway company profile that accurately and effectively summarises your company is critical to using the services of the ICN Group - please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.
- Companies should ensure that the email Notification functionality within their ICN Gateway company profile is activated to include an appropriate level of coverage to Major Projects and Regional Opportunities.